ProShare in Conversation - Volunteering
Volunteering for organisations can take so many forms, from fundraising to being on its governing body, as a trustee or secretary, or providing special expertise that you have - a lawyer or governance expert, IT or marketing. Janet has had volunteer roles for most of her life, including when she was a partner at Linklaters. She is on the Advisory Panel of ProShare and the Board of Global Equity Organisation, and is now the Acting Co-Chair of the RNL, Vice Chair of Roehampton University, and Chairs their Remuneration Committees.
Roger is on the Remuneration Committee and Council of the RNLI, and Ras has been on the board of FairFinance, a social enterprise for 14 years. In this session we discuss:
- Why it’s good to volunteer, both in our industry, such as chairing one of ProShare’s focus groups, as well as volunteering in other areas, not work related
- Does it benefit your career?
- Does it benefit the employer to support their employees volunteering?
- Whether there are any challenges of having a volunteer role, and;
- How to get a role that’s right for you.
The session was recorded and is now available to view.
Please note; the recording is hosted on Vimeo, so may be blocked by some company browsers.